For the last 25 years, the lawyers in our Banking – Finance – International practice group have been advising French and international clients in banking and financial law as well as in international business law.
They represent a wide range of clients in the banking, financial services, wealth management, and insurance fields, helping them find appropriate legal solutions within a complex, constantly changing regulatory environment.
They assist banks and financial institutions, investment service providers, financial advisers, and insurance companies and agents in obtaining the permits and licenses necessary for their activities, as well as in their development.
Moreover, the Banking – Finance – International practice group advises businesses and individuals in international business transactions and private international law.
The group's expertise includes the following:
Banking and financial law:
- Financial market regulation and financial instruments
- Applications for licenses: wealth management companies, broker-dealers and other investment service providers, banking and payment intermediaries, investment funds, and mutual funds
- Marketing of financial services and products, payment services, distance selling;
- Asset management, distribution agreements and contractual documentation
- Professional ethics, prevention of conflicts of interest, and the fight against money laundering
- Market abuse, such as currency manipulation, insider trading, and securities fraud
- Secured and unsecured guarantees, including pledges and surety bonds
- Banking operations, investment services, trusts by way of security, and fiduciary trusts
- Investment and financing transactions, credits, lease-financing, factoring
- Wealth management advice
- Employee savings plans, bank insurance, alternative management
- Insurance and insurance mediation
- Civil and criminal liability
- Disciplinary proceedings before regulatory authorities, such as the Financial Markets Authority and Prudential Control (Banking and Insurance) Authority
- Litigation, arbitration, and mediation
- Debt recovery and enforcement proceedings
- French investments abroad and foreign investments in France
- International sales of merchandise and other commercial transactions
- Negotiation and drafting of international contracts
- International litigation, arbitration and mediation